- 3.5-4 tbsp oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups Italian blend cheese
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- Ground turkey
- Red sauce
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Slice eggplant and spread over 1-2 baking sheets.
- Brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake slices for 25 minutes, flipping half way through.
While that’s baking…
- Saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes, add turkey. Season to preference.
- Pour in sauce, lower to simmer, and cover.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, and 1/2 cup Italian cheese.
Then it’s time to combine them…
- Put a thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of baking dish.
- Add layer of eggplant slices.
- Add a thin layer of the ricotta mixture.
- Repeat until done.
- Top with 1 cup Italian cheese blend.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for about 5 before serving.
We cut ours into 4 servings, and here is the nutrition for it-
Nutrition is easily calculated with this site. Numbers will very depending on what amounts you use, or if you add/omit anything. My husband says he actually prefers it to store bought, as well.